Cookies and cream cheesecake bars
For the crust
For the filling
1. Preheat oven to 325°F. Line a 9 x 13-inch pan with parchment paper, leaving a 2-inch overhang on two sides, spray with non-stick cooking spray.
2. Make the crust: Place 28 Oreos in a food processor and process until finely ground. While the food processor is running, stream in the melted butter until all crumbs are moistened. Place the cookie-crumb mixture in the lined pan and, using your fingers, press the mixture firmly and evenly into the bottom. Bake 10 minutes, then remove to a wire cooling rack (leave the oven on) while you make the filling. Snap the remaining Oreos in half, put them in the food processor, and turn on and off quickly a few times, just until the cookies are roughly chopped.
3. Make the filling: In a large bowl, using an electric mixer on medium speed, beat the cream cheese and sugar until well blended, about 2 minutes. Scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl with a flexible spatula and beat again until uniform. Beat in sour cream, vanilla and salt. Scrape down the bowl and mix again. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each. After beating in the last egg, scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl and beat one more time, to make sure the mixture is fully combined. Stir in chopped Oreos with the same spatula.
4. Pour the cream cheese mixture over the baked cookie crust, smooth the top with the spatula, and bake for 40 minutes, until the filling is set around the edges but still slightly wobbly in the center when you gently shake the pan. Remove the pan to a wire rack to cool to room temperature, about 1 hour. When cool, cover and refrigerate until well chilled, at least 3 hours. (These bars taste better and cut easier when chilled overnight.)
5. To cut, use the parchment overhang to lift the cheesecake out of the pan and place on a large cutting board. Use a sharp chef’s knife, cut the cheesecake into bars, cleaning the knife between each cut. Keep refrigerated until ready to serve.
(Source: brandysbaking.com)5 notes